Atlus has announced today that the long-awaited newest entry in the Persona series will be launching in North America on February 14, 2017.
To match up with Persona 5’s Valentine’s Day release date, the game will be launching with a special Take Your Heart Collector’s Edition. To commemorate this special Collector’s Edition, Atlus has decided to go all out with it. Priced at $89.99 USD ($109.99 CAD), the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Collector’s Edition includes the following items:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Don’t want to get the Collector’s Edition? Fear not, for there is also a special bonus on pre-orders (and some day-one purchases while supplies last)! The standard edition will also come with a special Steelbook case, emblazoned with the Persona 5 logo.
While both the Steelbook Launch Edition and the Take Your Heart Collector’s Edition are only available on PlayStation 4, PS3 owners fear not! Persona 5 is still launching on PlayStation 3, and will also be available on February 14, 2017! The PlayStation 3 version will launch with just a regular edition, featuring the standard box art for the game (the box art shown below is also the standard box art for PS4).
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled high school students – the protagonist and a collection of compatriots he meets in the game’s story – who live dual lives as Phantom Thieves. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high schooler: attending class, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self”; the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and using it to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern society wears.
If you’d like to pre-order Persona 5, you can do so with the following links: